Gender Dimension, Equality and Ethics Board
Within GEEB, C4U, partners and hopefully with impact on their institutions, CCUS community, and beyond.
Concious selections of speakers, changes in management team and more.
Gender + Minority
Despite all efforts, we are still far away from a balanced representation.
E.g. listen, be available and be heard at conferences and workshops.
Recommendations at your workplace
- be sensitive yourself, i.e. evaluate your communications, be aware of potential harm due to your own actions
- be observed in all situations, offer support when needed
- look for like minded people
- join or initiate a round table for females
- join subgroups in your institute, in case you are not comfortable to go alone, ask a colleague to participate too
- be authentic
- find out who are the persons in a position of trust
- establish groups for new employees
- take advantage of a mentor system, or become a mentor for yourself
- find out what support networks are already in place in your institute
- get to know your representative for women, disabled persons, minorities
- use offers for professional development, ask for specific topics when needed, search for recommendations
- vote for women and people form minority groups into representative groups such as staff council, boards
- do not look away when something is wrong, don’t be silent
Links and Additional Resources
The following selection of links provides an opportunity to learn more about gender equality and how it effects society.
General Information, Toolkits and Training
- European Commission’s gender equality strategy, Gender equality in research and innovation, with Gender Equality Plan (GEP) in Horizon Europe
- Horizon Europe, gender equality, A strengthened commitment in Horizon Europe
- Gender equality in academia and research (GEAR) action toolbox
- EQT: The Gender Equality Toolkit
- The project – ge-academy